Jake & Miles are fourteen months old today. As always, I can't believe it. I actually don't have any pictures to go with this post...just a little update. They are sooooooo close to walking and we are on the edge of our seats...just waiting. They are now letting go of things while they are standing up - on purpose - and are thrilled with the whole free-standing thing. I am so anxious for them to walk because I think it will allow them to enjoy a whole new set of activities. The playground/park, museum, etc. Can't wait!
We are teetering back and forth between one nap and two naps. That is kind of frustrating just because it is hard to plan anything. Usually if they have a day or two of one nap they need to catch up with two for a few days. I am totally ready to move to one long nap. It means we can get out and do more, but each time we have dropped one it has been a process.
They are still eating really well, but I am definitely starting to see a little bit of the picky-toddler emerge from both of them. It's challenging because their tastes are getting a little more different so I find myself making so many different things in order to get each of them to have a meal that they like. Sorry if this is TMI...We have had some struggles for a few months with toddler's diarrhea...no fun. They had that pleasant issue as their only symptom for about 6 weeks. We finally figured out (with the help of their wonderful pediatrician) what it was and that it could be fixed with some tweaks to their diet. Yay!! They weren't getting enough fat and protein. Once I fixed that the problem vanished. Finally. Current favorites include - turkey, tofu, pasta, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, eggs, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, veggie meatballs, bananas and just about any other fruit you can think of, smoothies, goldfish, graham crackers 'pizza' (english muffin w/ pizza sauce & cheese) and cheerios. They are still sensitive to dairy milk so we are on soy, but they are tolerating the dairy yogurt pretty well.
They are so so sweet that I just don't know what to do! Jake is a total ham - making faces, giggling, playing peek-a-boo, etc. Miles is really into checking out how things work. If you give him a new toy he just turns it over & over, examining it before playing with it. They are both such happy boys and are so social.
1 comment:
Way to go with the walking Miles and Jake! Just make sure you guys go in the same direction so you can help your Mom out.
Post a Comment