Today was the first time that I dropped the boys off somewhere and left them. I took them to the Kid's Club at our gym. I was actually in the building, working out, but they didn't really know that. They played there for an hour, although they were a little uncertain. There were no tears when I left but I don't think they grasped that I was actually leaving without them. There were plenty of tears when I went to pick them up. They kind of freaked out, clinging to my legs, trying to scale me. But they did great for their first time. My plan is to try to go a couple of times a week so that they get used to it. I think they're really going to enjoy it. The caregivers there seem wonderful, there was another little girl their age that is usually there, plus a bunch of new toys to play with! The hardest part was getting them in there...lots of stairs & narrow doorways...they don't stick with me enough to head in there from the parking lot without using the stroller. I'm sure I'll get it down quickly.
I'm in the process of trying to find a babysitter who can come once or twice a week and watch them in the morning so that I can have a little time to run errands, make appointments, etc. If I work this into the routine I think it will be perfect. They can get used to playing more with other kids, get out of our playroom a little bit, and have other people that they trust and love!
Here they are checking out the room...
2 comments:
I hope the gym works out well for you. We go almost everyday...and if I don't Baron begs to go. It is great to find a place they love and you do to so you can have an hour to yourself. And be doing something good for yourself.
For a babysitter. Have you checked to see if anyone in your area offers a Mother Day out program? May be a option for a few hours in the morning. Most are 2 year old by me. But, I have found 1 that takes 18 months. Amelia does not go as I can't get Baron and Amelia dropped off at different places at the same time.
Post a Comment