Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bath time fun

Miles and Jake LOVE bath time. More and more every day. They would stay in there for hours. We've been bathing them together for a while now and I think that has something to do with it. Here are a couple of video clips from bath time tonight. As you can hear in the video they are definitely testing limits with their vocal range right now. The screaming is kind of a new thing and they really feed off of each other...one screams and the other will not be outdone! Soon I'm sure we'll have to distinguish between inside and outside voices.

Here's a key for some of the things they chatter about in the video...

"Iney" - Hiney...we have to ask them to stand for a second so that we can wash their hiney. As you can see it turns into a game...they stand, show us their hiney, sit, repeat.

"Bydie" - Brydie is our new babysitter. We're trying to set up a semi-regular schedule with her coming twice a week for a few hours. I'd like to use the time to get appointments, errands, etc. or take them somewhere that I can't do on my own. This is a separate post, but they saw her today and they LOVE her. It's so awesome. I'll post more later.

"Mahna Mahna"-the old school sesame street song. Brydie introduced them to it and they can't get enough. We have a version of Cake doing it on my iPod and they ask for it over and over. And over. And over.

"Qukie" - Jake is really into the little cutie mandarin oranges (the real ones) and brought the plastic one into the tub.

Brotherly love - they are really into giving hugs and kisses right now. Mostly to each other. Sometimes I try to get on from Jake and he says "No! Miles!" And in the end of the second video you can hear Miles say "guy" several times, while pointing to himself and to Jake. They have taken to calling each other and themselves that and it's pretty funny.

General babble - your guess is as good as mine! But I love it!

Full disclosure - you might want to turn your volume down before playing the second video...there's some screaming involved. And some shrieking.



No comments: